Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Word to the wise

Heard this tonight and I think it's important for anyone trying to break into the industry to know:

" Success doesn't always go to the best artist, and it doesn't go to the best hustler, but it always goes to the stubborn.
You've just got to have a thick skin, and not take no for an answer. If you get turned down from places, and get disappointments, you've just got to let it roll off and keep going."

-Tom Sito

Pretty straightforward, and we all get discouraged when faced with rejection. That's all fine & natural. But the last thing you want to do is stop trying. Back in 2009, in the span of one year, I was passed on by every film studio, like literally every single one of them. Some even twice! Whew that was a lot if rejection. Hurt like hell for sure, but it happened so much that eventually I became numb to it. And I guess that gave me a thick skin. Rejection is a test to see how bad you want it. And what Tom says is right on; keep going , keep taking classes , doing your own tests. Be fearless, trust your tastes. Good things will happen and you'll be glad you didn't quit.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this knowledge.
    I'm in need of those same words ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this quote and it gave me the
    pick-me-up I needed.

    Thanks man, appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fantastic! Glad it could help out!

    ReplyDelete